Queens Attorney For Real Estate Transactions
If you need assistance with a real estate transaction or dispute, you can rely on Queens real estate abogado David B. Schachter for the experience and insight to effectively resolve your concerns. Our firm represents clients in all types of real estate matters, including the following:
- Residential real estate closings: We represent buyers, sellers, banks and other parties in residential real estate closings in Queens, New York City, Long Island, Bronx, Brooklyn, Orange County, and Rockland County.
- Commercial property closings: Mr. Schachter can help you make sure your commercial real estate closing is handled properly to maximize your investment return.
- Co-op apartments: Co-ops are a major feature of the real estate market in New York. We represent buyers, sellers and other parties in co-op transactions.
- Condominiums: Our firm helps clients protect their interests in the negotiation and completion of condominium purchase and sale transactions.
- Co-op and condo building management representation: Mr. Schachter provides transactional and litigation services to co-op and condominium management entities.
- Transfers of property among family members: We have extensive experience guiding clients through New York’s unique process for the transfer of real estate to family members.
- Landlord-tenant issues: Our firm represents residential and commercial landlords and tenants in disputes over unpaid rent, repairs, security deposits and other matters.
- Short sales and mortgage modifications: Mr. Schachter has extensive experience helping clients successfully negotiate short sales and loan modifications with mortgage lenders.
- Regaining surpluses after foreclosure: If your property has been foreclosed on and sold off for more than you owed on the loan, we may be able to help you regain the surplus.
- Foreclosure defense: If your lender is threatening foreclosure, there are numerous tools at your disposal to keep you in your home.
On June 14, 2019, New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo signed into law the Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act (TPA), “giving New Yorkers the strongest tenant protections in history.” Tenants benefit from changes in rent regulations, including:
- Permanent establishment of rent control
- Repeal of vacancy and income decontrol
- Caps on rent increases
- Expanded leasing and eviction protection
But what about landlords?
Under the TPA, landlords face rising building costs with no way to raise rents or deregulate to meet expenses. The new regulations deprive landlords of control of their property.
Landlords can take action. There is precedent for going directly to federal court to challenge the TPA. There are grounds for claiming that the TPA violates landlords’ constitutional rights by taking private property for public use without just compensation (Takings Clause of Fifth Amendment).
Real estate pundits predict that the laws will be overturned.
For more information about challenging the TPA, contact the Law Office of Schachter, PC.
Call A Brooklyn And Bronx Real Estate Closing Lawyer At 888-337-2679
Whether you need help completing a real estate closing, resolving a dispute with your landlord, negotiating a mortgage modification or addressing any other real estate legal issue, contact us at 888-337-2679 or by e-mail to arrange a free consultation for most matters with abogado David B. Schachter.