A Queens Law Firm Dedicated to Serving Each and Every Client

Queens Stop Wage Garnishment Attorney

Helping Stop Wage Garnishment

During the recent economic downturn, many people are having trouble making ends meet. Job layoffs, medical bills, divorce and other circumstances beyond an individual’s control can make money tight. If you have been having a hard time paying bills, you may also be facing wage garnishment-a legal procedure that allows a creditor to get a court order requiring an employer to withhold a portion of an employee’s wages for the payment of a debt.

At the Law Office of Schachter, P.C., we help clients stop wage garnishment. With more than 30 years of experience, Queens abogado David B. Schachter knows the challenges clients are facing and will give you the counsel you need to navigate the legal system.

Using Bankruptcy To Stop Wage Garnishment

Mr. Schachter and the staff members of our firm can help you stop wage garnishment, put an end to harassing creditor phone calls and re-open frozen bank accounts. Well-versed in the Fair Debt Collections Act, we understand the tactics collection companies can use to collect debt, including:

  • Freezing bank accounts: A creditor who gets a judgment against you can take steps to prevent you from accessing your funds. Any recurring deposits-such as a paycheck on direct deposit-can be frozen. We apply to the court to set aside the judgment.
  • Executions of judgment: A creditor can take control of your bank account, forcing the bank to surrender money to pay a judgment. We apply to the court to set aside the judgment.
  • Harassing collection calls: A debt collector may contact you via phone, mail, in person, or by fax. Once we represent you, the debt collector should contact only us.

Call A Bronx And Brooklyn Stop Wage Garnishment Lawyer At 888-337-2679

The Law Office of Schachter, P.C., can help you regain financial freedom. To schedule a free consultation for most matters and discuss how we can help you stop wage garnishment, please contact us at 888-337-2679 or by e-mail.